Thursday, November 8, 2012

Holiday Card Workshop Day 9

I actually made a card on the same day as the class!  Of course, tomorrow is the last day, so not much of an accomplishment, but I'll take it just the same.


One of the techniques was to use sentiment stamps to make a background.  There seems to be a lot of embossing folders out there with lots of words on them, but I must confess I don't much care for them as I'm not really sure what to do with them beyond sanding.  So, I was intrigued with this technique.  Since all my Christmas cards are done, I decided to use the technique for a Valentine's card instead (just a reminder, the deadline for OWH is the end of December!).  I have 2 specific Valentine's sentiments, but didn't use either one.  Instead I pulled all the love kind of words from several sets of stamps from HOTP.  One thing I learned earlier with regular stamps is if they are not from the same manufacturer it is almost impossible to combine them on one acrylic block - they are not uniform depth.  I used a Nellie's heart die set and did the sentiments in the heart shape.

Jennifer Maguire used her cheat sheet method (which is fabulous) and her Fiskar's stamp press (if you don't have one - run, do not walk, to the nearest store and get yourself one) and used ink pads for her various colors.  I decided to use Marvy Markers in pink, red and cherry instead - just worked easier for me and I was able to ink them all at once and "huff" which saved a couple of steps.

I could probably fill the heart a little more - I saved my cheat sheet so I can easily replicate this card.  All papers but white are HOTP; white cardstock from WinArt; both ribbons are May Arts through Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I included the second picture because I finally figured out how to use the Bow Easy and have it come out right!





Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment